I have tried a few new recipes at camp in the recent past…
This weekend in fact. And the last camp we had, I used the same menu. Our winter camps are shorter than our summer camps, for obvious reasons (the kids are in school). So we only have them for about 2 days. Some come in Friday and leave Saturday. Some come in Saturday and leave Monday.
I made this for the first dinner. I keep forgetting to take pictures though… so I will have to use the ones from Pinterest and give you the source.
This dish has gotten rave reviews. It’s a great dish and you can have everything prepared ahead of time, stick it in the fridge, covered and pull it out an hour or so before you’re ready to eat and bake it off.
1 lb bow tie pasta
1 lb mild pork sausage
1 large onion, medium size chopped
2 (26 ounce) jars pizza sauce
1 lb cubed cooked ham
1/2-1 lb of sliced pepperoni
3 (8 ounce) bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
6 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped garlic or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dent é.
- Cook sausage, garlic or garlic powder and oregano with onions until the juices run clear.
- In a lightly greased 9x13x3 inch pan, pour a small amount of sauce to lightly coat bottom.
- Layer ingredients in the order listed below.
- 1st layer-1/3 of the pasta, 1/3 remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, sausage and onions.
- 2nd layer-1/2 of the remaining pasta, 1/2 remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, ham.
- 3rd layer-all remaining pasta, all remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, all the pepperoni(completely covering the entire top with pepperoni).
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy this dish with friends and family. Obviously I had to like quadruple this recipe to have enough. This makes a 9×13 though and should feed 8-10 people or so. I served this with a salad and Texas toast. Om nom nom…
See ya on the flip side! xoxo