I’m sharing another recipe I am adding to my master menu list for camp for this next year. I have used them for the last two winter retreats we’ve had and I have had great reviews! I figured they would go over well, but you just never know… Our winter retreats tend to be smaller groups so I figured I would try the recipes now and then add them to the master list rather than try them on the bigger groups in the summer. It’s just easier. But yay! I’m going to HAVE to remember to take pictures, though!! GGGRRRR!
source Easy Breakfast Casserole
- 24 oz. hash browns (about 8 cups)
- 16 oz. cubed ham
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 large eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- foil to line your baking pan (this just makes clean up easier, you can skip this step)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Add the potatoes, ham, and cheese to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Pour the mixture into a foil lined 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper (I use the same bowl from step 1).
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture. Pat everything down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for one hour. The center should be set and the edges should be golden brown.
Now obviously I had to like quadruple this and bake it for a little longer, but it turned out perfect and everyone loved it! YUM! Hope you enjoy it… xo