Thought I’d link up with Lisa today for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, cause I haven’t done it for a while and it’s super-duper fun and all…
I have an unnatural affection for all things salty and crunchy and unhealthy for you. There i said it. I put it out there. I admitted it. They say that is the first step, you know, admitting you have a problem. Hello, my name is Jo, I am a chipaholic!!
So, when I saw this recipe for zucchini chips, I fell in love!
Yes, they are chips, but for goodness sake, they are made from zucchini, so they have to be good for you, no?
What you’ll need:
- 2 zucchini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ground pepper (to taste)
What to do:
- slice 2 medium zucchini (about 1/2 pound each) thinly with a mandolin
- toss the sliced zucchini in a bowl with olive oil, salt and garlic powder
- line the dehydrator screen with the zucchini without teflex sheets or parchment to allow them to dry better
- sprinkle them with freshly ground pepper
- dehydrate at 140°F for about 4 hours (until dry and crispy)
I think you could probably do these in the oven as well, if you don’t have a dehydrator. But you would have to be careful not to burn the zucchini. So I would use a cool oven, and a little thicker slice on the zucchini. Hope you enjoy!! Come back and let me know how you like them!!